May - August 2020
UX/UI Design Intern
From proposal deck to finished homepage design, this is a project
that rethinks how Dynawin's website can better align with its brand image.
Dynawin's outdated website was dull. It fell short in accurately capturing Dynawin's brand identity and lacked conventional UI/UX elements for an intuitive user experience.
Redesign the homepage to reflect Dynawin's sustainable, high-tech and innovative brand image.
Improve visual aesthetics and hierarchy and implement UI/UX elements that help users navigate the site.
I identified UI/UX issues associated with the original homepage and suggested solutions to improve visual hierarchy and user flow, all of which are compiled in a proposal deck.
I. UI/UX issues: lack of visual hierarchy; low resolution images; no buttons/conventional UX elements; design not relevant to innovation, technology nor green energy
II. The solutions: visual contrast to highlight essential information; implement icons relevant to the brand; rearrange page layout for intuitive user flow; increase test size for legibility; use white space for visual comfort
With these basic outlines in mind, I set to work on compiling a moodboard, sketching, wireframing and ultimately prototyping.
Dynawin, as a Chinese-based company, invests more in We-Chat and Tik-Tok as its primary information and communication platforms. Consequently, their budget limited the changes that could be implemented into its website. Accepted changes include the enlargement of text for legibility and the addition of high quality images that showcase past projects to Dynawin's clients. You can visit the current website at www.dynawin.com.cn
The remote and temporary nature of my work posed other limitations to this project. Ideally, my hope is to conduct more rounds of usability testing to define overlooked UX issues and propose new iterations.
BEFORE & AFTER
An in-depth comparison between the original and redesigned homepage.